• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property damage or fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
CA. If evidence that a bodyshop had secretly swapped the modules that control security for car, the ignition and swapped key fobs as well as transmission and somehow changed entire rear end of car with that of another model car - would that be considered fraud or property damage?

quincy

I dont know how to do that when thread is locked.
You can use this thread because it is no longer possible to add to your original thread. The link was provided for background information only. The other two threads you just started will be removed as unnecessary. :)

Did you ever file a police report?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What is the name of your state?
CA. If evidence that a bodyshop had secretly swapped the modules that control security for car, the ignition and swapped key fobs as well as transmission and somehow changed entire rear end of car with that of another model car - would that be considered fraud or property damage?
The bodyshop did this for what reason? And what proof do you have to support it?

quincy

Ladyjaclyn, I know this sounds a stupid question but ... Are you even sure the car is the same car? It seems a lot of changes to one vehicle for little benefit to the body shop.

Thats the thing, it doesnt seem like the same car. It seems like a sorry excuse for a lookalike car that has been hurriedly peiced together so as to steal my original car. I had a suped up mopar challenger with all the fixings to make it run , look and sound like an srt8. The rear axle on the lookalike car they gave me instead of my actual car , didnt even fit right , sticking out about an inch and half with 3 splines less than my model year. Dangerous to say the least. Tranny already blew and electrical has never neen right since alleged repair from shop. Tranny was fraudulently id'ed with mismatch between tag and raised # on housing, rear differential from different model too, paint chipping, radio keeps showing unknown pairing with unknown phones

I have irrefutable evidence that shop is responsible. I just need someone whom knows the answers to my questions please..

quincy

Again, the only suggestion I have for you is to report the vehicle part substitutions to the police.

Get all the paperwork, photos and other evidence you have, and make an appointment with an attorney for an assessment to see if you have any sort of a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">