• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property deemed worthless by government

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



my mother inherited porperty in colorado that my great grandfather once lived on, farmed and rented apartments. after inheriting she tore down the old apartments and house. a few years later the federal government deemed the porperty and others in the area as a potential 100 year flood zone. this is due to a small creek running near the property. the property overnight became worthless. my mother continues to pay taxes hoping one day the government will overturn their decision. since she has inherited the property the town has grown and today would be worth a nice sum of money. is there anyway to get the government to overturn there decision or compensate my mother for the lost value? thank you for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential