• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trappeed

California.

Hi, I hope this is the place to ask this question. I could use some advice about property in my name. You see my maternal parents died around '84&'85. My grandparents on my dad's side raised me and my brother and sister as guardians. Well we have always known the house would belong to one of us kids or all. But I know everybody in my family don't care about the house as much as do my parents. Anyways, after my brother died in about '96 that meant that the propert goes to me and my sister. Now, my dad had inteneded to let any money and property be given to us all after everyone turned eighteen. Well my sister was a few years over eighteen I believe and due to fact that she was low on money she decided to take her half around 98/99. (I can get more precise information if desperately needed). Well see, it wasn't half because she had already had a lot of things paid for her out of my grandfather's money that was provided in place of any money or such my real dad had provided because money was gone real quick. Well when I only had about barely enough for a fairly nice car and she had like hundred thousand maybe. In otherwords she ended up with the majority and then that wasn't enough left to keep paying for the house so had to have my grandparents and my aunt and uncle, my guardian's child and inlaw, sign for the mortgage on it and myself since my name is on it. But what I want to know is what is my rights on the house. I want to know everything I can about my house and any papers signed on it. I just don't know where to get them, my grandparents are not all that cooperative. Plus, part of my family is intruding in my house and changing the property around with my consent. Can I do anything about that. Theres probably not a whole lot I can do but, I would like them to at least stop messing with my house I still live in. I NEED HELP! I must have some rights.

ALawyer

You really need to speak with someone who can sort all this out in person, while looking at copies of the papers involved -- including a copy of the original Will and the deed to the house.

That will cost you a few hundred dollars in professional time. But that's the way it is. Look for a lawyer who knows probate or real estate law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">