• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PROPERTY LAW/INJURY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cherylholmes

hi, i live in texas. last year while walking my shelties on leash, they were attacted by a neighbors mastiff running at large. my prized sheltie was killed. the owner of the mastiff refuses to communicate so i will need to sue him civilly. there are no dog laws in this county where the attack took place. i have alot of damages which exceed the limit for small claims court so i will need to file in district court. i have since moved from that town because even after the attack, the mastiff's owner refused/neglected to restrain his dog and it kept coming on the property where i lived terrorizing me and my 1 sheltie. the attack was unprovoked and from behind us. sheba was 15lbs to his mastiff's 150 lbs. what i need to know is will i have to file this in district court where i was living at the time or can i file it where i live now? thanks so much cheryl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">