• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Line differs from fence line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slharmer

What is the name of your state?
Texas
I have lived in this house 17 years and just recently purchased it. The survey shows that at the back of my property the line is 3 ft on the other side of my existing fence. It also shows to be 2 ft within the fence at the street where my driveway is. I've gone to the city, etc. and found that my property is actually two properties that were combined in the 1950's. They did not offer any other assistance.
My problem is, my neighbor thinks because of this, he can use my driveway, etc. He also has since cut down 3 huge trees that were on my property, but on the other side of the fence.
What can I do about this? It is causing a miserable existence.
He has also removed all the survey stakes and continues to destroy the existing fence by piling junk against it.

H

hexeliebe

The next time he leans against the fence shoot him in the ass....he'll fall into your yard then you call the cops and tell them he was climbing over the fence to assault you.

Case Closed.

JETX

If this other person is encroaching on your property (as shown by a certified survey), and refuses to amend his violations willingly, you are clearly going to need the services of a local attorney.

Get a certified survey and send a copy (certified RRR) to the neighbor with a demand that he cease his encroachment and remove any of his property on your land. Give him a reasonable amount of time. Then, if he refuses, talk with a local attorney.

HomeGuru

slharmer said:
What is the name of your state?
Texas
I have lived in this house 17 years and just recently purchased it. The survey shows that at the back of my property the line is 3 ft on the other side of my existing fence. It also shows to be 2 ft within the fence at the street where my driveway is. I've gone to the city, etc. and found that my property is actually two properties that were combined in the 1950's. They did not offer any other assistance.
My problem is, my neighbor thinks because of this, he can use my driveway, etc. He also has since cut down 3 huge trees that were on my property, but on the other side of the fence.
What can I do about this? It is causing a miserable existence.
He has also removed all the survey stakes and continues to destroy the existing fence by piling junk against it.
**A: file a police report on the trees and property damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">