• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property management will not return phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

syllk

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I live in California but the property is located in Henderson, NV.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on what to do when your property
manager refuses to return your phone call?

A little over two weeks ago I suddenly found out I had a "new" property manager because they wanted to discuss a late payment. At the time I told the new property manager that the tenant had a habit of being late in making payments. I also told the property manager that I got another notice from the HOA that the tenant is violating CC&R's and that I wanted pictures of the property. The property manager assured me that over the weekend they would take pictures and send them to me. They also said that they will give the tenant 5-10 day notice to address the CC&R violation at which time if they had not fixed the problem they would send out a landscaper and bill the tenant for the charges.

I waited approximately 1 week after calling the property manager for the photos and status. I did not get a call back. So, I called the property manager. The property manager was not in the office so I left a voice message. For 2 weeks I called and left a voice message every 2 to 3 days in the hopes that someone in property management would call me back about the status of my property. No one did. It is now a bit over 2 weeks and I have lost my patience.

Can the tenant be evicted for violating HOA and can I cancel the contract with the property management without giving them 30 day notice. After all they don't seem to be holding up their end of the contract.

Alice

BL

How about sending them a Return Receipt requested Certified Letter , and keep a Copy and the Return Receipt . Give them ( 10 ) business days from the receipt of the Letter to respond .

If the Letter comes back undelivered , consult an Attorney in real Estate Matters .

I agree to contact them in writing so you have a copy of it.

What does your contract with the manager state regarding terminating the contract? Is your contract specifically with the original person, or with an agency? If it's with a specific person, does it say they can change managers without your consent? If it's with an agency surely there must be some one "in charge" (a broker) at the agency who needs to know that the person managing your property is doing an awful job.

As far as the reasons to evict......a lot will depend on what is stated in your lease. If they haven't paid rent, that's your reason right there. If they've since paid and there are other lease violations you can file an eviction suit against them. If they are breaking "unwritten rules" you'll have a harder time.

Karla in Amarillo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">