• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property manager parking rules.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

954Rental

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

The property manager where I live specified that I can only have 2 parking spaces. One time I was having some people over (third time in a year) and I pulled my car forward on the grass, but away from the street and another one of my guests parked on the street which is not allowed. She came around and embarrassed my by putting a note on my car and the quests car that it would be towed if not moved. Not a big deal I know it was wrong, that is not my question.

Also there is another person across the street to the right (A) who parks a car on the street every day, sometimes they have a space in the driveway but they still park on the street and I've taken pictures of 3 different cars doing this. She said they are moving in and the people moving out are still there (friends or family) and she will tell them the rules when they move in.

I emailed her and told her I was upset about this and mentioned how she let 2 cars (B) across the street to the left from me park on the grass/street for 8 months or more, day in day out without ever putting a note on their car.

She told me that she could not put a note on (B) because they were being evicted.

She's British and she has a stick up her bum. Plus I bet she was one of those kids that was bullied who likes to have power over people now. She's friendly when you are buying or when you look at another property then she pretends she doesn't see you in her golf cart. Seems to me she makes up the rules as she wishes.

The question is: I know you can't harass people who are being evicted but can the property manager put a note on their car and threaten to tow them or are your arms tied when they park illegally (like she claims) because they are being evicted?

Last edited:

justalayman

Yes, they could take Action to enforce the rules but if they are being evicted, what purpose does it really serve.

Additionally there is little to nothing you can do to demand the rules are enforced fairly or equally among the residents.

954Rental

Yes, they could take Action to enforce the rules but if they are being evicted, what purpose does it really serve.

Additionally there is little to nothing you can do to demand the rules are enforced fairly or equally among the residents.
The purpose of towing their car will give them the hint not to park in the street or their car will be towed again.

All I can do to enforce equal treatment in to document unfair treatment and report the property manager to the home office.

Eekamouse

The purpose of towing their car will give them the hint not to park in the street or their car will be towed again.

All I can do to enforce equal treatment in to document unfair treatment and report the property manager to the home office.
And what exactly do you think that will accomplish? Nothing except angering the property manager who will then REALLY have it out for you. Perhaps you would be smarter to just mind your own business and follow the parking rules.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

The property manager where I live specified that I can only have 2 parking spaces. One time I was having some people over (third time in a year) and I pulled my car forward on the grass, but away from the street and another one of my guests parked on the street which is not allowed. She came around and embarrassed my by putting a note on my car and the quests car that it would be towed if not moved. Not a big deal I know it was wrong, that is not my question.

Also there is another person across the street to the right (A) who parks a car on the street every day, sometimes they have a space in the driveway but they still park on the street and I've taken pictures of 3 different cars doing this. She said they are moving in and the people moving out are still there (friends or family) and she will tell them the rules when they move in.

I emailed her and told her I was upset about this and mentioned how she let 2 cars (B) across the street to the left from me park on the grass/street for 8 months or more, day in day out without ever putting a note on their car.

She told me that she could not put a note on (B) because they were being evicted.

She's British and she has a stick up her bum. Plus I bet she was one of those kids that was bullied who likes to have power over people now. She's friendly when you are buying or when you look at another property then she pretends she doesn't see you in her golf cart. Seems to me she makes up the rules as she wishes.

The question is: I know you can't harass people who are being evicted but can the property manager put a note on their car and threaten to tow them or are your arms tied when they park illegally (like she claims) because they are being evicted?
Do you realize how insulting you are in this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">