• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property sales/Litigation for non-payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pnw4

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a property sales question. My husband and his mother were on 2 investment properties together. She sold one and due to liens, his mother asked that he be removed before the closing. He did what she asked but when it came time to split the deposit, she gave years of lies, saying it didn't close and strung him along saying she was going to sell, etc. When we contacted an attorney, the aid pulled up the records and she did sell back in 2016 and she also had him written off the duplex (the other property) which my husband had no idea about. The original agreement was half of both as they both owned 50% each. However, the docs my husband signed were quitclaim deeds with $0 owed, that's what was officially filed. Now, she keeps saying she's going to pay, she's heading to the bank, and then something always comes up. She took him in to take care of it one time and started eating a napkin in front of the banker talking about how her meds changed.. They didn't. She took him in another time, stating she had an appointment with the manager at 3, the manager was a tenant, and he already left for the day because she was threatening him with an eviction notice and told him she'd be there at 3 to serve it.. At his work. Needless to say, we are done with all of this, I could continue on about all her craziness but I just need to know if we have a leg to stand on and how to start the process of a lawsuit if we do.

Thank you

HRZ

It reads like Hubby gave away his interest for "free" ...ultra slim odds of getting any money now...Hubby can retain counsel to explore options but don't hold your breath or his breath

Pnw4

Thanks everyone, we thought we would at least see what other people's opinions were but we basically knew it was over. He never thought she would actually do this, but, here we are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">