• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property tax ??'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evileyes

What is the name of your state? indiana

1) someone(they are deceased) has 2 properties in their name only. 3rd property w/ someone else. How is it 3rd property is listed for property tax sale and the other 2 properties aren't.(will hasn't been filed probate yet)

HomeGuru

evileyes said:
What is the name of your state? indiana

1) someone(they are deceased) has 2 properties in their name only. 3rd property w/ someone else. How is it 3rd property is listed for property tax sale and the other 2 properties aren't.(will hasn't been filed probate yet)

**A: so you want me to read your mind or is this a trick question?

evileyes

no i don't want you to read my mind . property taxes are due -may & (nov.( if not all paid in may). person dies in april no taxes are paid on this persons property (waiting to get papers filed to open estate) which they own 3 pieces of property. 2 in their name only and 1 with someone else .

the question is why was only the 1 property (with 2 names on the deed) listed for property tax sale only and not all 3 properties. beings taxes were not paid on any of these properties.

HomeGuru

evileyes said:
no i don't want you to read my mind . property taxes are due -may & (nov.( if not all paid in may). person dies in april no taxes are paid on this persons property (waiting to get papers filed to open estate) which they own 3 pieces of property. 2 in their name only and 1 with someone else .

the question is why was only the 1 property (with 2 names on the deed) listed for property tax sale only and not all 3 properties. beings taxes were not paid on any of these properties.
**A: please tell us why you have not posed your question to the tax office?

evileyes

cause the person on this 3rd property closed out all bank accounts, so we don't have the money to pay any of the taxes. believe she used her poa to make herself co-owner of bank accounts that belonged to owner of the properties. and don't want to bring it to their attention just yet . until we get some rent money collected off 2 of the properties and get this person to give back rent money from april-present. so that we can pay the property taxes. which she gets 1, her daughter(from previous marriage) the other 1, and stepdaughter(not adopted) and son of deceased gets 3rd 1 to divide between them.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">