• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ouellette1984

What is the name of your state?fl i had this 30 year old female living with me for a few months and she went to jail so we made her move out. mind you she lived with us for free. so ive been asking her to come get her stuff for the past 6 months and she says she will but then she doesnt, so is the stuff legally mine after so much time or do i have to take her to court. i dont know what to do

Who's Liable?

Have you requested she pick up her belongings in WRITING? A verbal request for her to pick the items up means nothing... She can always deny you've ever spoken to her...

Send a letter via CRRR to ehr last known address stating that you have been holding her items for the last six months, and all requests have been denied on her part for picking the items up... State that she has 30-days to pick the items up or you will consider them abandoned and dispose of them as you see fit..

IF she has not responded in 15 days, send another letter stating the same thing but put in there that 15 days has passed and you have heard nothing from her... Again demand that she pick the items up or you will dispose of them...

If at the end of the 30 days, she still has not picked up the items, either throw them out or sell it on e-bay...

If you get a letter back DO NOT OPEN it as it becomes evidence in a court of law should she ever try to sue you for the items... The judge will like to see it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">