• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prosecutor submitted fraudulent documents in accident case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ninalou

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? PA My SO was involved in a car accident 2 years ago. What was discovered at the accident that there was a previous incident on his record like from 10 years ago of which he thought was taken care of. (He left town for 2 months to visit an ill family member out of the area - he took the insurance off his car as he wasn't going to be driving it. The person watching his apartment and vehicle, allowed it to be driven and the person driving it got stopped.) Fast forward ahead, the Prosecutor is trying to pad his client's wallet over and above insurance. He presented my SO's an attorney with a list of charges over and above the insurance. In going through the items, I discovered fraudulent charges (ie charges & bills for things that occurred before the accident that have nothing to do with the accident). My SOs attorney is not taking them seriously as if the Prosecutor has the right to do whatever he chooses. I'm trying to stay out but as someone in the financial industry, fraud is fraud and no one, even if they were responsible for a car accident, deserves to be extorted. Am I out of line? We really can't afford another attorney but I need some leverage to explain to my SOs attorney that he should be on the side of his client and not the Prosecutor. Pls advise.

quincy

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? PA
... Fast forward ahead, the Prosecutor is trying to pad his client's wallet over and above insurance. He presented my SO's an attorney with a list of charges over and above the insurance. In going through the items, I discovered fraudulent charges (ie charges & bills for things that occurred before the accident that have nothing to do with the accident). My SOs attorney is not taking them seriously as if the Prosecutor has the right to do whatever he chooses. I'm trying to stay out but as someone in the financial industry, fraud is fraud and no one, even if they were responsible for a car accident, deserves to be extorted. Am I out of line? We really can't afford another attorney but I need some leverage to explain to my SOs attorney that he should be on the side of his client and not the Prosecutor. Pls advise.
The prosecutor's "client" is the State.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What "prosecutor"? If the other party (or their insurance) is suing you, it is a civil matter. There is no prosecutor.
Your SO will need to discuss this with his/her attorney.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The person watching his apartment and vehicle, allowed it to be driven and the person driving it got stopped
Apparently your "SO" allowed it to be driven by leaving the keys for someone else to take and use.

A lot of what you wrote doesn't make much sense - it seems like you don't understand fully what's happening, or at least you're having difficulty explaining it.

Your "SO" has an attorney who should be handling this. If he is not happy with his attorney then he needs to sit down and speak to his attorney about the problems he's having and if necessary he can fire his attorney and hire another one. It seems as though you have no standing to be dealing with any of the issues/problems there are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">