• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prostitution? Sting??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Beverly Vintage

Colorado:

Okay - so, here's a question...and perhaps I'm just not wanting to believe that I could be set up, but... I answered a listing in our "weekly" in CO/Denver regarding a man wanting to be a "sugar daddy" in a "mutually satisfying relationship." Cash wasn't specifically discussed - more so, paying bills, helping with rent, etc. I'm desperate, and I'm a sucker - so after a couple glasses of wine, I responded with a fake name with a new email account. I looked up the definition of prostitute, and if there's one man and one woman, and there aren't other partners, it's considered "mistress" not prostitute. Can someone illuminate me on whether I could be "stung" by this - he said "I'M NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT" which makes it seem like he is, of course... HELP! :eek:

Just Blue

Wouldn't it be easier to get a job and pay your own bills, rather than slutting yourself out to a stranger that you meet on the net? It would save you a lot of worry about getting arrested, diseased, beaten...ect...

There is no way that a member of this forum could tell you if this is a "sting". We are not that powerful...

Beverly Vintage

Yes - I know

thank you for replying - and my apologies for not getting the rules on this. I'm new, obviously.

I realize you can't tell me if this is a sting, but I'm wondering if there's anything illegal already taking place with this. Again - back to the question: Is it prostitution if only one man pays you, in some way?

And I do have a job and I pay my own bills. But I'm recently separated and struggling.

quincy

The legal definition of prositution is the act or practice of engaging in sexual activity for money or its equivalent; commercialized sex. The definition of a mistress, as you are referencing it and according to Webster's, is a woman who has sexual intercourse with and, often, is supported by a man for a period of time without being married to him; paramour.

It is my opinion that, if every female who engaged in sexual activity in the hopes of having a free meal, free movie, or even a few bills paid were considered a prostitute, there would be an awful lot more prosecutions for prostitution than there are (including against pretty much every dating and/or married female ;)).

That said, it is a lot safer and wiser to avoid the Internet and/or most personal ads when looking for someone to share your expenses. Baystategirl is correct in saying that, by hooking up with someone on the Internet or from an ad, you may wind up with a lot more than the money you had counted on, including diseases, injury, or arrest. It is just not worth the risk.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">