• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order denial in Utah

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JilyBean

What is the name of your state? Utah
My 42 yoa handicapped brother is & has been verbally & physically abused (once was beat up & transported to the hospital by ambulance) by his neighbor in the trailer park where he resides. Today we went to get a protective order & the judge wouldnt sign it due to lack of information? Besides the legal paperwork I had included 3 police reports & my "log" of at least three incidents in detail. The clerk (spoke very little english) was pointing to the police reports where they had blacked out the opposing party's information when she was telling me "...not enough information". The original clerk i spoke to just said"I dont know" when I asked what more information could he want?
Any suggestions would be greatly apreciatted as I am pressed for time because they did file it today.
Thanks
Jil

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">