• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protective Order to be Dissolved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nrozier

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I want to know if I get a protective order dropped will the person still be charged or arrested for violating the protective order if I get it dropped in time?

I got a protective order on my daughters father once we got in a physical altercation in may this year. I was granted a two year protective order. July 24th this year we both were at a mutual friends daughter birthday party and it turned into an argument while we were there. I left and went to the magistrates office to violate him. They are going to put a warrant out for his arrest. I went to violate him out of anger I was not in harm. I now see that it is putting a strain on our daughter and we are unable to do things together as a family. I want to dissolve the protective order but I also don't want him to go to jail for violating only because I was angry with him. I called the sheriffs office and the said once a report is made there is not dismissing it. If I get the protective order dropped will he still be charged for violating.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He may (and should) be charged. You can't do things with him as a family because he's not allowed to be around you. Once he found out you were there, he should have left.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I want to know if I get a protective order dropped will the person still be charged or arrested for violating the protective order if I get it dropped in time?

I got a protective order on my daughters father once we got in a physical altercation in may this year. I was granted a two year protective order. July 24th this year we both were at a mutual friends daughter birthday party and it turned into an argument while we were there. I left and went to the magistrates office to violate him. They are going to put a warrant out for his arrest. I went to violate him out of anger I was not in harm. I now see that it is putting a strain on our daughter and we are unable to do things together as a family. I want to dissolve the protective order but I also don't want him to go to jail for violating only because I was angry with him. I called the sheriffs office and the said once a report is made there is not dismissing it. If I get the protective order dropped will he still be charged for violating.
Protective orders aren't there for you to use as something to hold over the head of your boyfriend for when you get mad at him. That's just pathetic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">