• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Indiana

I dated a girl for 2 years. The break up was very nasty and we both ended up in jail for domestic battery. Lady prosecutor dropped charges against my ex. I got 1 year jail, suspended, 1 year probation. Ex kept calling wanting to get back together. When I started dating someone new my ex made up a story saying I was calling and harassing her. Probation was violated and I served a year in jail.
New girlfriend stuck by me. I've been out 6 months and she and I just got engauged. My parents put a notice in the local paper 2 weeks ago. When I got home on Monday there was a EX PARTE ORDER FOR PROTECTION (IC 34-26-5) notice on my door that says my ex claims she found a video tape on her car that shows her pet in a compromising situation. I called the phone # on the officers card that was with the notice and he said I needed to quit bothering her, and if he get just 1 call from her he's going to arrest me.

Can he do that ?

I have a small claims judgement against her for $2800 that I loaned her when we were together. The cop told me that the protective order makes the small claims judgement null and void and if I try to collect it he can arrest me for violating the order.

Is that true?

I haven't seen or talked to this @!%# since before I went to jail. While I was in jail she called and hassled my current girlfriend so much at home and her work that she had to have her # changed and change shifts at her job. But the police said they couldn't do anything about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential