• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prudential

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joeyisok

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My mother just learned that her father took out a life insurance policy on her over 35 years ago. Well the woman who which had legal guardianship of my mother withdrew funds from Prudential after my mother was well over 18 years of age. Not to mention my mother knew nothing of the policy until just recently about 3 months ago. The woman who which withdrew these funds/loans has plenty of wealth. She is in the century21 millionaires club and her husband is one of the richest men in Prince William County, VA which raises the question of why these actions took place. This woman took out loans not once but 12 times! My mother is looking for answers but isnt that knowledged of computers so I am trying to find her the right legal aid. She has retreived copies of the checks which were forged with her signature. The most important question is why and how did Prudential let this happen. We want a case against Prudential as well as her former legal gaurdian. Please provide feedback to this situation if possible.
Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My mother just learned that her father took out a life insurance policy on her over 35 years ago.
This is unclear.

There are 3 parties in a life insurance policy: 1) the policy owner; 2) the insured; and 3) the beneficiary.

Which is your mother?

Betty

Agree, this isn't real clear.

If your mother's father took out a policy on your mother, it sounds like she was the insured - is this correct? Who is the current owner of the policy? Who is the current beneficiary listed on the policy (who would get the proceeds at the death of the insured)? Are you saying the woman who was guardian of your mother signed checks with your mother's name?

Please furnish complete details & we'll go from there. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">