• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Psycho X says my husband is in "breach" of the Divorce Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpplease2002

Hi. We live in NJ and my husband's psycho X-wife is driving me crazy. They have joint custody of their almost 17-year-old son with him residing with us. (I can't figure out how a woman doesn't take her son on the weekends ... ever... yet they have "joint custody"... but that is the way it is.)

Anyway, the current problem is that she calls on our phone line. We have asked her to call on the son's line (it has an answering machine) but she refuses to do so. She will call anywhere from 3 to 15, 20 times a day.

I called the cops on her recently and the cops called her and told her to call on her son's line or his cell phone.

Now within 1 week, we have received 2 certified letters from her saying she has contacted her lawyer and my husband is in "breach" of his divorce contract.

Somebody help, please. Can this be true even if we have provided another line for her son?

Also, when at what age does the son have to be for the contract to become null and void in NJ? Does anyone know?

Thank you!

- Losin it in NJ :(

kat1963

If she contacted her lawyer, you'd have been served with court papers, not certified letters from HER. What exactly does the divorce say about contact?
KAT

H

helpplease2002

Psycho Problem.

I knew that woman lied... story of her life. I will have to pull out the divorce papers and read them thoroughly. I think it said just general stuff... like they had to keep the lines of communication open. But, I figured if the son had his own phone line and a cell phone, she could call as much as she wanted. I will have to check it out and get back to u guys. Thanks so much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">