• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PTI for 1st time offenders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1stxofence

Dorchester County, South Carolina

Do first time offenders of 'Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent, more that 2k-less than 10k, automatically qualify for PTI?

Do first time offenders of 'Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent, more that 2k- less than 10k, automatically qualify for PTI? I have currently retained a lawyer that has instructed me that PTI is not guaranteed and the 'victim' is wanting me to serve jail time. I have a very hard time believing this after doing some research within our state. Should I change lawyers, or is he instructing me correctly?

quincy

Nothing is automatic.

First time offenders might be eligible for PTI but participation requires a referral.

Your attorney is not telling you stories. :)

Last edited:

Just Blue

Dorchester County, South Carolina

Do first time offenders of 'Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent, more that 2k-less than 10k, automatically qualify for PTI?

Do first time offenders of 'Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent, more that 2k- less than 10k, automatically qualify for PTI? I have currently retained a lawyer that has instructed me that PTI is not guaranteed and the 'victim' is wanting me to serve jail time. I have a very hard time believing this after doing some research within our state. Should I change lawyers, or is he instructing me correctly?
Why do you have victim in quotes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">