• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pto Vs Sick Leave Vs Vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xdragox

What is the name of your state?SUNNY CALIFORNIA

The company I work for has something they call Discretionary Days.
This is from their policy:
Discretionary Time include but are not limited to the following: your illness or injury, observing a government or religious holiday, taking time off for the birth of a child, weather emergencies when your work location is closed, caring for a relative, family emergency, taking care of personal business needs, etc .
We accrue both Discretionary Time and Vacation Time.
My understanding is this is considered PTO (Personal TIme Off) since it is not just sick pay. From reading some of the information on the web if laid off from a company this would be considered Vacation time and should be paid out. I came across a link that referred to CA Labor Commissioner Interpretive Bulletin No. 86-3. http://www.ewin.com/articles/bull.htm#leave

I cannot find this in any library online. If someone has it can you email it to me. Also any additional information regarding Discretionary Days would be appreciated. [email protected]

Thanks,

D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">