• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Access Road

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harmonjo

What is the name of your state? California

I live on a public access road. Been driving on the same road for over 20 years. Last year the rain washed out the main part of the road and the land owner the lives by the part of the road that has been wash out has blocked it so no one can fix it and is saying they own the road and it will no long be access by the resident that live on the road. Is there anything I can legally do to resolve this?

thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I live on a public access road. Been driving on the same road for over 20 years. Last year the rain washed out the main part of the road and the land owner the lives by the part of the road that has been wash out has blocked it so no one can fix it and is saying they own the road and it will no long be access by the resident that live on the road. Is there anything I can legally do to resolve this?

thanks
Sure Maybe - but you're going to need an attorney to help. Speak to a local land-use or real-estate attorney.

quincy

thanks
Who is responsible for maintaining the road?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">