• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Advertisement re Public Events

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Conselheira

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

An event was advertised by Montgomery County Maryland and the requirements for participating in the event were outlined in the advertisement. When I arrived at the event, additional requirements were made at the front door. As I was unable to honor those requirements, I was not allowed to enter.

When a public event is publicly advertised and the requirements for participating in that public event are publicly advertised, may the county suddenly present additional requirements for participating in that event at the door? Must the county allow participation to those who comply with the requirements as publicly advertised? This is not a private event held at a private home. The county is not above the law.

Your opinion, pls. Thx.

swalsh411

The OP is being purposely vague. I suspect the requirement is something completely reasonable and already a part of the venue's established rules. Perhapes one of the following:

-No shoes, no shirt, no service
-No intoxicated persons allowed
-No offensive clothing
-No fat chicks
-No weapons, knives, chains, etc.

Mass_Shyster

You can sue for a civil rights violation under the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

I can't predict if you have any chance of winning based on the sparsity of information provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">