• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public defender & DA working together for their on personal needs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Notyours

What is the name of your state?California
My husbands PD & DA we’re told by a judge that he’s case has not moved forward in three years & there would be no more time allowed. The next court date would be Jan 10 & we would being going to trial at that time. Well the PD & DA went back to court on Jan 2 knowing that the judge would be on the holiday. So they could get another judge & have time waived again. That’s exactly what happened. My husband didn’t want to waive time but was afraid his PD wouldn’t do his best to defend him if he didn’t go along with it. He was never told or asked about change his court date from the 10th to the 2nd of Jan until early morning on the 2nd he was told he had court & to move it. He did has he was told being very confused. Is there someone or somewhere I can go to find out if this was ok to do to him? I think it’s wrong going behind a judges back to get what they want. It’s been three years of delays one reason or another.

quincy

What is the name of your state?California
My husbands PD & DA we’re told by a judge that he’s case has not moved forward in three years & there would be no more time allowed. The next court date would be Jan 10 & we would being going to trial at that time. Well the PD & DA went back to court on Jan 2 knowing that the judge would be on the holiday. So they could get another judge & have time waived again. That’s exactly what happened. My husband didn’t want to waive time but was afraid his PD wouldn’t do his best to defend him if he didn’t go along with it. He was never told or asked about change his court date from the 10th to the 2nd of Jan until early morning on the 2nd he was told he had court & to move it. He did has he was told being very confused. Is there someone or somewhere I can go to find out if this was ok to do to him? I think it’s wrong going behind a judges back to get what they want. It’s been three years of delays one reason or another.
What is the case about and what have been the reasons given for the delays?

Notyours

If you aren't happy with the free/low-cost lawyer that the state has assigned to your husband you are free to hire your husband a lawyer.

No really.
I hired 2 different lawyers in the beginning. They too delayed the case for a year. I finally ran out of money & couldn’t afford it any longer. Now we are on our 3rd PD. The second PD had to drop our case because he was reassigned to a high profile case. This PD doesn’t seem to care to much. If we request for a new PD we are again going to wave time again. We just want to move forward it’s been too long.

PayrollHRGuy

There is clearly some reason that now 3 lawyers that have or are representing your husband want to delay the trial.

quincy

I hired 2 different lawyers in the beginning. They too delayed the case for a year. I finally ran out of money & couldn’t afford it any longer. Now we are on our 3rd PD. The second PD had to drop our case because he was reassigned to a high profile case. This PD doesn’t seem to care to much. If we request for a new PD we are again going to wave time again. We just want to move forward it’s been too long.
What are the reasons given for the delays?

Notyours

What is the case about and what have been the reasons given for the delays?
It’s two cases they are trying to run them together. Which we like to separate them.
What are the reasons given for the delays?
we are told they have other cases they are dealing with first. Everytime we get a PD they say info is missing out of his file. The last one I was told the we’re waiting on DNA off of a bottle. That the DA had forgotten to send in. And by the way this is the second PA assigned to the case

Notyours

we are told they have other cases they are dealing with first. Everytime we get a PD they say info is missing out of his file. The last one I was told the we’re waiting on DNA off of a bottle. That the DA had forgotten to send in. And by the way this is the second PA assigned to the case
[/QUOTE]

quincy

The judge will not grant a continuance unless good reason is shown for the delay. Apparently the judge has been satisfied.

Waiting for DNA evidence sure seems to be good reason for wanting extra time.

Where is your husband currently?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">