• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public defender misconduct HELP?!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Thanks I hope i make it. The car im using is my girlfriends which we had the same mechanic work on. Now she has a problem with it leaking coolant. Yeah i know great huh? Needless to say i wont be using them in the future. The truth tho the owner is a great mechanic but he now has "workers"
Rent a car just for the day.

That way you are more likely to get to court without a breakdown.

quincy

The important thing is that mrpierce does not miss the hearing, unless he can reach his public defender and his public defender can request and be granted by the court a continuance. Not likely, at 1pm for a 4pm hearing.

quincy

I wonder if mrpierce will return to let us know how his court hearing went (if he found a reliable car to get him to New York).

Never mind. I see in his other thread that he rented a car but the public defender said he didn't have to come in. The public defender said that it should be just fines if mrpierce has a prescription for the marijuana.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Maybe enough for a pound of spaghetti?
Waaay more.

I wonder if mrpierce will return to let us know how his court hearing went (if he found a reliable car to get him to New York).

Never mind. I see in his other thread that he rented a car but the public defender said he didn't have to come in. The public defender said that it should be just fines if mrpierce has a prescription for the marijuana.
Allegedly. I'm am skeptical given the amount of marinara consumed while posting.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Haha. :)

I don't think mrpierce mentioned medical marijuana previously so his latest post was sort of a surprise. I hope he has proper documentation for his attorney.
That's because it was the first time he mentioned it. He stated that he had a the remains of a couple of joints and mostly empty vape cartridge - marijuana, not nicotine-based one might assume by context. He mentioned nothing about being registered in the Vermont Marijuana Registry, etc. If he had documentation showing that it was for medical purposes, he apparently did not present that documentation during his encounter with the police.

Furthermore, being registered for medicinal use is not a license to drive high as a kite.

He sounds a bit toasted in his latest post, so perhaps it's just the OG effect.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nah, it's the garlic toast to go along with the marinara and spaghetti. Anyone got a little red whine to finish it ioff?

quincy

That's because it was the first time he mentioned it. He stated that he had a the remains of a couple of joints and mostly empty vape cartridge - marijuana, not nicotine-based one might assume by context. He mentioned nothing about being registered in the Vermont Marijuana Registry, etc. If he had documentation showing that it was for medical purposes, he apparently did not present that documentation during his encounter with the police.

Furthermore, being registered for medicinal use is not a license to drive high as a kite.

He sounds a bit toasted in his latest post, so perhaps it's just the OG effect.
Thanks for verifying that it was the first mention by mrpierce of medical marijuana.

I agree that having a medical marijuana card would not excuse the possession of marijuana in his vehicle but it could be used as a mitigating factor.

The charges were likely to be resolved with fines alone, and possibly the dismissal of the trespassing charge .,. but if mrpierce did not really speak to the public defender and the public defender did not really tell him he was not needed in court, mrpierce might find himself with greater concerns than a broken down car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">