• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public intox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



When I got pulled over I had a .113 on the breathalizer, The cop took me to jail where I was .08 on the jails breathalizer machine. So they arrested me for public intox instead. At court they wanted to give me 1 year suspended sentence,1 year probation, 16 hours community service a $100 in court costs. I took a continuance and asked for a public defender but the judge said if I had a job i could afford my own attorney. I called a two and they each want $500 to start with, which I can't afford, and said it sonded like the judge and prosecuter were ganging up on me and said they could probably get me just the fine.How and what should I do? Also I live in Indiana and 12 years ago I had a minor consuming ticket.



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay, basically this is what it comes down to. Yes, it seems they may be ganging up on you, but guess what? WHAT YOU DID COULD GET SOMEONE KILLED! Drunk driving is not a joke but a serious offense and thus should never be taken lightly.

But I guess everyone is entitled to their day in court. So, if you want a lawyer and can't pay $500 (before you say no to paying that much think about how much a life is worth), I suggest contacting your local legal aid foundation or such organization that helps individuals like yourself.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential