• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public intoxication and disorderly conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pennsylvania
I was arrested for public intoxication and disorderly conduct following a domestic dispute with my husband. My charges also include simple assault and harrassment but these are expected to be dropped as we are not testifying against each other and the arresting officer himself stated that they would be dropped. I am however very concerned about the public intox and disorderly conduct charges as I am a pharmacist and could have very serious professional consequences if these charges are not dismissed. What occurred is that my husband took the key to my car and ran out the door following an argument. I followed him and jumped on the hood of my car trying to stop him. I then ran to a neighbor and called the police to report my car stolen. As an aside my husband is a convicted felon (for stealing a car) so I did in fact have a legitimate fear that I needed to protect my property. We married so that I could help him to get his life on track and instead my life is being ruined. My question is do I have any chance at having these charges dismissed. I know that this particular judge is lenient however I wonder if I have a defense in that I only left my house intoxicated as I felt in imminent danger of losing my property (my car). I never would have willingly left my house without such urgency in that condition. When the police arrived I was in my house which is where they arrested me. There is at least one witness which states in the report that I was outside and jumped on the hood of the car. Again this occurred just beyond my own driveway and involved my own vehicle. Any help/guidance is appreciated. Court date is upcoming. Thx.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The Occultist

Senior Member
You absolutely require the aid of an attorney if these charges will effect your employment. I don't care how much it costs (borrow money if you need to), but only an attorney would increase your potential for the most favorable outcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential