• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public official

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
im a public official under investigation by the states attorneys office.A company i deal with bought my family theater tickets.I forgot to pay him back for the purchase.I am being investigated.I have been told by the State attny there is no basis for a case,yet he refuses to close it-just yet.How can i get this case to end and close and move onward.
He wants me to come in and make a statement.I want him to subpeona me for the statement and he wont.So it goes on as an open investigation.I was forced to leave my position because of the publicity and investigation.How do i get this closed.I was told the State attny-can leave it open as long as he wants.Is it so.I was advsed not to worry about it and not retain a lawyer until a chrge has been made.It has been over 6mos.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential