• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled by hair with uncomfortable question at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
But previously ylu Said this;

the fact is the op was the subject of a battery (illegal) and sexual harassment (unlawful). I felt your commment was improper. Additionally the op exppressed concern about when the patron returns. Downplaying the sexual harassment aspect of this is a disservice to the op. She does not have to be subjected to such treatment and her employer is obligated to remedy such a situation.

They are also obligated to provide her a safe workspace. If the patron is know to be violent as he was with the op, the employer bears liability for any injury op is subjected to.

I just felt many were blowing off the op and giving her the impression her only option, if she didn’t like the harassment, is to quit.
My reply was based on this (which I quoted):
If the board members had taken proper steps to punish him for previous incidents, this could have been prevented.
Previous to the the battery, all the OP had was a rude and disrespectful customer to deal with. I suggest that the police be called about the battery.

quincy

My reply was based on this (which I quoted):

Previous to the the battery, all the OP had was a rude and disrespectful customer to deal with. I suggest that the police be called about the battery.
Although I don't think reporting the fellow to the police is a bad idea necessarily, I think management handled the matter well. Management removed the threat (at least temporarily), and Daphne and her husband still have their jobs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">