• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled out of car and beaten

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



In ohio I was dragged out of my car and basically beaten by some guy in a road rage incident. I have a civil suit somewhere in limbo because my attorny won't return my calls. All i know is that he was arrested for the incident and i had sustained injuries to my back and throat. I do suffer from panic attacks now and yes I have been seeing a psychitrist for it and he says they are do to the incident. Anyways, what would be a resonable amount to settle for? Can I fire my lawyer even after he put the case in? Is there a way I can make him contact me? Other attornies keep telling me I am going to be "a very rich girl", what does that mean? PLEASE HELP ME. I am lost on this one and can not find any precedents for road rage cases....


Senior Member
My response:

No one can tell you what your case is worth. That won't happen until a judge or a jury places an amount on the value of your judgment.

You have an absolute RIGHT to change attorneys at any time you please, and for no reason whatsoever. Just go to another Personal Injury attorney, sign up, and that new attorney will get your file from your old attorney.

Good luck to you.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential