• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PURCHASE FROM PRIVATE SELLER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I LIVE IN ARKANSAS. ON OCT.30 I PURCHASED A VEHICLE FROM A PRIVATE CITIZEN. I PAID 1400.00 FOR IT AND HE WROTE ME A WRITTEN RECEIPT. 4 DAYS LATER HE PRESENTED ME WITH THE PAPERWORK ON THE VEHICLE. NONE OF THE SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE PAPERWORK MATCH THE SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE TRUCK. THERE IS NO TITLE JUST A DUI SUPPLEMENT FROM TENNESSEE AND ALL THE PAPERWORK HAS SOMEONE ELSES NAME ON IT, NOT HIS. ALSO HE ADMITTED TO SIGNING AND HAVING NOTORIZED MY SIGNATURE ON A BILL OF SALE FROM AN AUTO AUCTION WHICH I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO OR DONE BUSINESS WITH. I CONTACTED HIM AND HE SAID HE WOULD NOT RETURN MY MONEY HE ONLY AGREED TO GO WITH ME TO THE DMV TO TITLE THE VEHICLE. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS SITUATION TO EITHER GET A REFUND OR GET A LEGAL TITLE TO THIS VEHICLE. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I CANNOT FIND ANY ANSWERS FROM LOCAL AUTHORITIES.

THANK YOU

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please help us to help you. To help us, please take your Cap Lock off and re-type your post. This will help to increase your chances for a response to your post. We thank you for your kind cooperation.

IAAL

Purchase from Private Seller

I live in Arkansas. On Oct 30 I purchased a vehicle from a private citizen. I paid 1400.00 for it and he wrote me a written receipt. 4 days later he presented me with the paperwork on the vehicle. None of the serial numbers on the paperwork match the serial numbers on the vehicle. There is no title just a DUI Supplement from Tennessee and all the paperwork has someone elses name on it. Not his. Also he admitted to signing and having notorized my signature on a bill of sale from an auto auction which I have never been to or done business with. I contacted him and he said he would go with me to title the vehicle but he never returned any of my calls to get in touch with him to do this. Is there anything I can do about this situation to either get a refund or get a legal title to this vehicle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

D

David J. Miller

Contact the police. Sounds to me like the guy may have stolen the car. At least check this out before you agree to do anything else or you could be charged later on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">