• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased some groceries at a local grocery ship - Lost the receipt - please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

Hello. I bought groceries for $29.44 on a Credit Card. The cashier gave me the receipt but I lost it on the way out. I turned around and went back to the shop from the parking lot asking to re-print my receipt but he never found it. I did let him know I bought it and I should not get in any trouble, he said not a problem. I do see the $29.44 charge on my credit card transaction though. I also buy other items on a different receipt in which I did show him.

Will I get in trouble? Any suggestions?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

Hello. I bought groceries for $29.44 on a Credit Card. The cashier gave me the receipt but I lost it on the way out. I turned around and went back to the shop from the parking lot asking to re-print my receipt but he never found it. I did let him know I bought it and I should not get in any trouble, he said not a problem. I do see the $29.44 charge on my credit card transaction though. I also buy other items on a different receipt in which I did show him.

Will I get in trouble? Any suggestions?
Seriously?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Maybe he dented a can of beans with a shopping cart on the way out and he is worried that the grocery will charge him for it.

quincy

Well, do you have any advice for me?
Well, based strictly on what you have written, I suggest you put your frozen foods in your freezer, your refrigerated items in your refrigerator and your non-perishable items in your cupboards. And, since you checked to see that the groceries were properly charged to your credit card, I suggest you throw your receipt away.

commentator

Apparently there was something that happened between "purchased the groceries" and "returned to the store" and showed the clerk**************that's the rest of the story, without which we cannot proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">