• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pursuing EAD on an L1 visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? TX


Both my wife and I are currently employed on an L1-A visa.
Can I pursue an Employment Authorization Document (as a spouse of an L1 visa holder) BEFORE I quite my current job and change my status to L-2? I would like as little down time between jobs as possible.

Thanks in advance


Junior Member
You will be able to continue working on L1A visa until your L2 is approved by INS. But, you would have to apply for EAD only when your L2 is approved, which means you would have a lag time of about 3-4 months for you to get your EAD to start working.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential