• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

put on the spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dwhite1

My boss had an accident. He has no drivers lisences. He called me at work and told me to get to his location and that I was going to tell the police I was driveing. When I arrived he handed me insurance papers got in my truck and left. Then my other boss showed up and when the officer asked who was driveing he told him that I was. At no time that I recall did I say I was driveing but my name is on the report. What can I do? Thanks Darell

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay, this one seems to be one of you better tell the police the truth. What your boss did is horrible. He is responsible and may be liable for trying to defraud police and auto insurance. So, if you can track his call to you or if you have witnesses showing where you were at the time of the accident (how about if he hit someone -- what about the other party?)

It sounds a bit weird. Just make sure you get your name cleared...the fact that wasn't your car should be some proof.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">