• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

putting husbands business in my name...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gene61

What is the name of your state? flHi,
My husband has a small business. It makes pretty good money at times. He gets paid cash mostly. He closed his bank account and opened a new one at another bank without his business name on it. I am going to put the business on my bank account then. The ads for it are now in my name as well as the insurance for it. He does all the work though. But he puts the money in my account. He is the only one filing in out chapter 13. Everything is in his name except the business. Will the trustee ask where the money came from in his old account from the business. We were robbed earlier this year and have since gotten new equiptment. He got the new equiptment by working on the side. Is this considered fraud? He did work for his friend for awhile but used his equiptment. We just started our business again recently. The insurance ran out over 3 months ago. I am going to get the new insurance later this week. The only thing for the business that is in his name is the trailer. How would the trustee consider the income his when everything is in my name, and i do help him many times. I was told they can't look at my account since i am not filing. Thanks Tiffany
P.S. I want to do this so we can keep some of our tax return and the extra money helps us out very much. Thanks again

I don't want to get into trouble doing this...

djohnson

What kind of income is he listing. In order to do a 13 you must show debts vs income. Is he saying you are paying him a wage? If so can you back that up through payroll checks and deductions? In order to keep your tax return you must pay back atleast 20% of unsecured and show how you will pay that back. Without income how is he going to show that. It seems to me you are trying to get by with what would be considered illiegal in order to maximize your own pockets. Thats not what bankruptcy is for.

racer72

What you are contemplating is bankruptcy fraud. Both you and your husband could get in some big time trouble. I would suggest you talk to a bankruptcy attorney, it is obvious from your questions to this forum this is not something you two should handle on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">