• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Q re: emergency filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

Had a question re: emergency filing... Can an individual file pro se to get a stay & then hire an atty to file within the 15 day period?

Thanks for any help.

bigun

Sure- just be certain the lawyer understands the time constraints and can get the balance of the petition filed on time.

bobbie30

automatic stay advice

i'llBEback said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Had a question re: emergency filing... Can an individual file pro se to get a stay & then hire an atty to file within the 15 day period?

Thanks for any help.
i have a question regarding automatic stay. my case has been dismissed and i cant file for another 180 days. my property goes for sale in three weeks. is there any type of petition i can file to delay the process so possibly mom can complete a loan process and purchase my home

bobbie30

the state is kentucky i have a question regarding automatic stay. my case has been dismissed and i cant file for another 180 days. my property goes for sale in three weeks. is there any type of petition i can file to delay the process so possibly mom can complete a loan process and purchase my home[/QUOTE]

Ladynred

Does it say you can't file another CHAPTER 7 for 180 days or you can't file AT ALL for 180 days. If it only stipulates you can't file CH 7, then you COULD file a CH 13 right now. If it says you can't file ANY bankruptcy for 180 days, you will then be falling under the NEW bankruptcy laws which take effect on 10/15, and that could very well be a very ugly proposition for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">