• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Qualifying for UI after FMLA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cn31565

What is the name of your state = GA

My FMLA is about to expire and I may not get a release from my Dr before the time is up. If not, will I be eligible for UI if I do not return to work and the Dr gives me the release after the termination date? Also, I currently have LTD benefits but my benefits will be cancelled when I get termed. If I don't have a medical release, would I also lose my LTD benefits when the job is terminated?

swalsh411

If you are able to work, unemployed through no fault of your own, and have enough wages in the base period, you should qualify for benefits. If you are fired, file immediately for benefits even if you are not cleared to work yet to establish your benefit year. You don't want any wages dropping off.

ecmst12

Your disability benefits will PROBABLY continue until you are released back to work. Check with your case manager to be sure.

Betty

Agree, it's rare that disability benefits would be terminated if you are terminated from work as long as you are still disabled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">