• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quarterly Bonus Program - Is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macmovieman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

The company I work for Conway Freight has a quarterly bonus program and made some major changes to the plan 30 days into the 90 day quarter and told us they are going to now backdate the bonus program. The very changes they made are keeping me from an $11k payout. If they were to start the program from the date they changed the bonus and told us they would finish out the last 60 days under this new bonus program I will be able to be paid. Is this legal for them to make this change one third of the way into the bonus program and then backdate it? Please help learn more about this or point me in the right direction? I do not know what to do... :confused:

Dandy Don

Are there written procedures (that were made available to employees) anywhere about either bonus program that provides details about how the bonus is calculated and the company officials in charge of managing it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">