• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about carpet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honestbabe

What is the name of your state? PA
when i moved into the place i'm renting, there was no metal strip between the dinningroom and the livingroom to cover the edge of the carpet's. with me vaccuming the carpet where both carpet's meet is now missing a piece out of it because it has gotten cought in my vaccum. the landlord is trying to say that i have to fix it because it was supposely my fault. but if he would of put a metal strip down to cover the edges it wouldn't of happened.

do i have to fix it or is it his job. please help me.

Last edited:

honestbabe

but he should of put a metal strip down and it would not of happened in the first place. there for i think he should replace it.

seniorjudge

honestbabe said:
but he should of put a metal strip down and it would not of happened in the first place. there for i think he should replace it.
If you already had your mind made up, then why did you bother to ask the question?

treese

That is not normal wear and tear and could have ben prevented. What did you do to help prevent further damage?

The first time you vacuumed and the rug got stuck, did you notify the LL that a metal strip was needed?

Sheesh ... for a 37 cent stamp for a letter or less than 10 bucks for a metal strip, you could have saved yourself a lot of grief and the claim against your deposit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">