• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about COBRA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angel54

It just keeps getting worse!! Last night I went to the pharmacy for a perscription refill. I was told I no longer had coverage. The pharmacist stated that coverage was cancelled 4/30. (I used this insurance during the month of May) I did not know anything about COBRA until I received a certified letter on 6/9. I called the insurance carrier (not my employer) she said I was supposed to have 60 days from the time of notification to elect or decline COBRA. Shouldn't I have coverage until then? This means even if I chose this, I would already owe for May and June and July due in 2 weeks. I've been posting on here regarding FMLA. My employer is really putting the screws to me. I know I need an attorney and I'm trying to find the right person. I placed several calls and am not getting any responses. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Until I can find someone, please help me stay on the right track by letting me know my legal rights. I appreciate any help, comments or suggestions. I'm barely hanging on!
Thanks!

ALawyer

Right - I think you will have to pay for the past few months and coverage will be retroactive. The employer should have told you within 30 days, but that doesn't impact here.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">