• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ScaredMomof3

What is the name of your state? PA

We just looked at a house today and we put a deposit down we are going to rent for a year and then hopefully buy it,The only thing i`m nervous about is i gave them a deposit in cash a post dated check for the 1st months rent for september and he accepted it and said there shouldn`t be a problem unless the credit check doesn`t go through?I didn`t understand why he would take our money if he wasn`t sure we had the house? I tried calling twice and they haven`t called me back.Of course i got a receipt but now i have to sit and worry .We have had a bad year so i`ve been so negitive in thinking lately because everything has been going wrong.
I told them i have refrences and recipts to show i pay my rent on time and all if they wanna see them.They were talking to us like we had the house and all but won`t return our calls?

FarmerJ

Some LLs belong to credit reporting agencys or hire screening firms to screen tenants Ideally the LL should have waited abit longer before accepting money from you , But since LL has it have you used a telebanking feature to see if the check has been presented for payment yet (with your bank ? )

S

ScaredMomof3

The check i gave them is post dated for the end of august but i gave them a cash security deposit.We are suppose to move in labor day weekend.
I called today and left a message and they never returned my call,I don`t wanna keep calling and seem like a pain in the a$$ but i just want my money if there not gonna give us a lease.When i called i was very polite and just said i was calling to see if everything went okay with our refrences and if she would like any other form of a refrence to let me know.And i also said if she could gimmie a call and let me know if we have the house i`d really appreciate it...To which they did not i`ve been waiting all night and no call so now i`m nervous.

A

annefan1000

Did you sign anything? An application for rent or a lease agreement? Do you have anything in writing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">