• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about ex having husband sign birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

im2sexy38

What is the name of your state? california

my ex had our child then had her new husband sign the birth certificate. at the time this was fine for all involved. she then decided to try and get child support, but the DA said they could not attempt to get child support because of the husbands signature claiming her daughter as his. i'm wondering if the DA would be able to then get me for child supporrt if i were to help financialy with stuff like school clothes, tuition, etc.

BelizeBreeze

The child is not yours legally. Now if you want to contest paternity, go though the legal battles and spend 1,000s of dollars, that's up to you, but you'd have to file a motion contesting paternity and spend years doing so.

Is it worth it?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So you were okay with having another guy claim your kid as yours?

walking away, shaking my head.

B

BillHammondPAY

Amazes me how this was considered fine for all parties involved.

VeronicaGia

im2sexy38 said:
What is the name of your state? california

my ex had our child then had her new husband sign the birth certificate. at the time this was fine for all involved. she then decided to try and get child support, but the DA said they could not attempt to get child support because of the husbands signature claiming her daughter as his. i'm wondering if the DA would be able to then get me for child supporrt if i were to help financialy with stuff like school clothes, tuition, etc.
Go here: http://ocse3.acf.dhhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/report.cfm?State=CA&CFID=306341&CFTOKEN=91165251#8

Read it all, especially the section on paternity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">