• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

the_wanted_one

What is the name of your state? florida

1)how does extradition work??

i got pulled over in indiana for speeding,dwls,and no tag. my warrant showed up and i was on my way to jail but the trooper pulled over on the interstate and let me go but impounded my car. he was talking to florida on his cell phone trying to get a hold of the prosecutors office but i guess their office was closed from what he said. he told me "im lucky my state didnt have their s**t together because there is a hold on you". do they have to verify or something?? i thought they have 24hrs.

2)is there some states that just dont extradite or care if you have warrants in another state??curious as to why i was let go,especially since i jumped bond and since this is about my 6th felony charge.

seniorjudge

curious as to why i was let go,especially since i jumped bond and since this is about my 6th felony charge.

Delete this entire thread.

Keep your mouth shut.

This must never be mentioned among us again.

Thank the Lord for the stupidity of bureaucrats.

Go and sin no more....

CdwJava

A warrant must be confirmed in short order. They can't just hold on to you waiting for the abstract to come in from the issuing agency/state. You could have gotten lucky because of a cop that didn't know what was up, or, because the system in one or both of the states was not working as it should have.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">