• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about General Contractor License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isis297

What is the name of your state? NY

I'm not sure I'm asking this is the right place. My boss is a general contractor. We have a client here in NY who lives in both NY and FL. He was asking if my boss only stays here in NY because he would like him to consider coming down to FL to do some construction.

My boss is licensed here in NY. I have come across something like 13 steps to getting a contractor's license in FL, but this might as well be Greek to me. (This is why I do the Admin work!) I would understand him having to take an exam in FL to become licensed there as well, but does he really need to go through all of the steps I've come across or does his license here in NY count for anything?

Thank you for your time.

quincy

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">