• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about hazing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

Here's a clue (since you've obviously all been out of high school for toooo long):
Aren't you sweeeet. :rolleyes:

7654 said:
if there has been a proven case of hazing at a school. That means that the school has a culture of hazing throughout it.
What did you think would happen to your freshman daughter at 3am driving around with people you don't know who had "kidnapped" her in relation to a 'group' event near the start of the school year? Breakfast? What, because they 'promised'?

You could tell her that high school is just 4 years of her life, life really begins after high school, and it's not actually the most important thing in the world to go through humiliating situations to be 'part of something' or to be 'cool'. She could just be herself.

Here's another clue: Parents think that a full schedule of extracurricular high school activities keep kids out of trouble.
Our color guard drink like fish. And do humiliating things.

Tell her it is possible to be 'accepted' at school while also being yourself.
Although admin have thought I'm the campus drug dealer probably in part because I've never done anything humiliating but I'm still friends with a wide range of people (OMG). So there is still a downside.

I know what I know from older brothers who after being out of high school for years told me the "high school experience" is a load of crap, tolerate highschool, just do the things YOU want to do, and the actual cool stuff comes later.

Jus sayin.
Alrighty then.

7654 said:
I know this isn't legal advice. But you guys also often don't give legal advice when other people ask questions.
Alrighty then, too.

Yeah I try to be sweet.

Anything constructive?

Alrightythenwhat? I speak the truth. When someone asks if they can "kidnap" your kid in the middle of the night in relation to an organized high school group. That's code for 'initiation'.
And it's not mandatory. Even if the other group members are in the background chanting 'one of us'.

OHRoadwarrior

Hmmmm, I don't remember any girls being commanded to strip in front a group of people they can't see. I only remember the ones who did so voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">