• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kostas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? rhode island

Sorry if posted in wrong forum ...
In 1994 my father has died in a car accident in Providence. After a court the Judge has aproved me as direct heir of all the estate he has left. An insuarance cover of offender of the accident had to pay compensation to my dad, since he died after two weeks after the accident, money gained from compensation passed on to my possession.

There was a bank account opened with Bankers Trust Company, New York on my name.

I tried to contact the bank where the account is opened, I believe.
However, no
response was received. I have got some bank account details, but it is difficult to access my account and to check whether and where it exists, since I am living in UK.

Thank you in advance.

Dandy Don

If YOU did not open the account, what you are being told may or may not be true. Did someone else open the account FOR you?

Was your father's estate ever officially probated at the county courthouse for whatever city is relevant in Ireland? Was your father's estate represented by a probate attorney? If so, then you need to be contacting the probate attorney about the details for this court case.

If your father's estate was NOT represented by an attorney, you should be doing a GOOGLE search to try to find a certified public accountant or a business law attorney who practices in the same city as where Bankers Trust Company is located, to look into the details for you.

kostas

Thank you for your answer,

My father rights was presented by lawyer in Rhode Island. Company called brosco&brosco, and they opened account for my name. Issue is that I cannot get contact with them.

ShyCat

My father rights was presented by lawyer in Rhode Island. Company called brosco&brosco, and they opened account for my name. Issue is that I cannot get contact with them.
Why not? Have you tried Google? ("brosco & brosco" worked for me.) :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">