• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aprilrom

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Also, I contacted an insurance company the day after my accident and did tell her that I had an accident but am not sure who will be determined at fault. I also told her that I may need to file the SR22 filing for the court since I was caught without insurance. She provided me with temporary insurance cards and told me there should be no problem getting me the insurance I need at the price she quoted to me. I'm afraid something is going to go wrong and the insurance won't be valid when I go to court to prove that I Have since obtained insurance. What do you think? Thanks for the input.

D

deweydecimal

so how much is the insurance? cost?

You still drove without insurance on that day so you will owe the repair bill, by having sr 22 when you go to court the motor vehicle dpet probably wont suspend your license, but they will just as soon as you miss a payment...

and then you probably will have to get sr 22 and pay 6 months or a year in advance before they will reinstate you license...see how much more it costs driving without insurance.

they are banking on the fact you wont be responsible enough to pay your insurance on time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">