• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about jurisdiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pancakes40

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Ok, here's a question regarding jurisdiction of support orders.

My child and her mom live in Missouri. I live in Indiana. Through UIFSA, Indiana enforces Missouri's order for child support.

So, I have a killer job opportunity in Nebraska that would help my daughter and myself tremendously, and am going to accept it. Since the child support order originates out of Missouri, what happens to Indiana's interest in the case when I move? Is it more proper to call Missouri to report the change of address, or Indiana? Thank you.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Ok, here's a question regarding jurisdiction of support orders.

My child and her mom live in Missouri. I live in Indiana. Through UIFSA, Indiana enforces Missouri's order for child support.

So, I have a killer job opportunity in Nebraska that would help my daughter and myself tremendously, and am going to accept it. Since the child support order originates out of Missouri, what happens to Indiana's interest in the case when I move? Is it more proper to call Missouri to report the change of address, or Indiana? Thank you.
Missouri: http://dss.mo.gov/cse/contact-child-support.htm

I'd make darn sure Indiana knows, also. Cover your bases.

Pancakes40

Thanks!

Since my daughter and her mom never stepped foot in Indiana nor was the birth/support established here, I was hoping you'd say that. Yeah, CYA applies here, so I will tell the people in order of importance (assuming Missouri will send the order into NE).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">