• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about law and procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR

I hope I am posting this in the right spot because I really don't know what this falls under, but anyways a brief summary of the background to my question.

In a family dispute my uncle threatened my husband saying he would do whatever it takes to ruin him and to get him disability taken away (he is disabled). Later, my nutty uncle called and asked forgiveness and we accepted and thought it was over. A few weeks before Christmas a deputy, and the sheriff came to our house to talk to my husband. My uncle claimed he had traspessed on his property. I told them my husband has just returned home from across the state spending time with his parents for Christmas. They just told him to stay away from him, etc. Then New Years eve my husband and I were watching the Dick Clarke show, and then were getting ready to go to bed. We heard a loud bang on the door, we didnt know who in the world it was. I turned the porch light on and it was the local police, and 2 different county sheriff's vehicles-looked like swat! My uncle said my husband had been down at his house and they were face to face. Obviously NOT true. They had us write a report and than left. Then on the 9th of this month, a sheriff from the county department called me and said they again needed to speak to my husband. So, we went right down to the office. They called my husband back. I didnt find out till they called me back that they had read him his rights and asked him questions about his whereabouts that Friday night before. They said that my uncle brought in a video that had someone one it that looked like my husband. I was appauled! We have even been living with my parents so we are around people at all times so that we could maybe prove what a liar he is. The deputy told me that it could be 8 months before they can get the tape and try to enhance the face to see who it is. I told him great, I will be glad to get this cleared up. He said if they cannot enhance it enough then this could very well go on. This is just ridiculous, we are living our life wondering if at any given time they will pull up and actually arrest my husband. It is the worst, most sickening feeling. We did go see an attorney, he said he couldnt get the tape, I would really like to see. The deputy asked if my husband had wader boots, he doesnt, and I welcomed him to come to our home to look. He didnt, but my husband doesn't even own those type boots that were on this video. I feel like my uncle is trying to set him up. In the dark they favor enough that he could well pass as his figure (their builds are similar). What can be done to end this mess? I have also contacted our prosecutor who sent my uncle a letter demanding he stop making false police reports. Yet this claim came after the letter. The deputy said he was scared to bring it because he was afraid of going to jail if he did--but the deputy said until it is proven and because he believes it to be Jason they cant say it is a false report.

Its nuts he is getting by with these lies and that we are having to suffer because of it!
Thanks to anyone who can give me some insight on how and what can be done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">