• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmbsimp

What is the name of your state? north carolina

does my homeowners policy cover me if the buyer is suing for loss of property value after the sale, due to a nearby rock quarry apparently causing the home value to be diminished.

ALawyer

This has to be a new one.

Usually after the sale any loss that occurs is the buyer's to bear. And the seller drops the insurance policy on the old home at sale.

My sense is that you are being sued for failure to disclose facts prior to the sale, and that is not a homeowners claim.

However, I don't know you state's law and cases, just possibly there is something there.

So the old rule is notify your insurance company of the claim, tell them you think it is baseless, but then you have at least complied with the terms of the homeowner's policy as to prompt notice, the company likely would respond "are you nuts, the policy had ended and it was not covered anyway".

Should the lawyer defending you know of any basis for the claim against the homeowners company you'd not have lost the right to sue or have them pay defense costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">