• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about lease renewal for housing in apartment complex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

serp777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California, San Luis Obispo

So recently I signed a lease renewal offer with my landlord, and it was accepted. All the documents were signed and everything went through, then they sent me an email confirming it was accepted. However, now I got an email from the landlord saying that my lease renewal offer has been undone and that I am being charged extra every month even though I had renewed before without an increase in price. Is it legal for them to increase the price on this lease renewal offer even though they didn't do it before, and is it legal for them to just "undo" a lease renewal agreement they already signed? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Serp777

STEPHAN

If you have a signed copy of the contract, you are save. I don't think the LL will need help understanding that a signed contract is legally binding.

Ask him how why he thinks the contract is not binding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">