• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about list of Creditors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Newsies

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Ok, I am just about ready to file for bankruptcy. I've talked to my lawyer, and have paid the fees. I just have a question, that I should have asked when I met with my lawyer, but completely forgot.

I am making my list of places that I owe money to, and I know some of them have been sent to a collection agency. But I can only find the address to the actual company I owe, not the collection agency. Can I just list the name of the company (for example a credit card), and not list the collection agency? Or do you have to find out the name and address of the Collection agency.

Thanks!

~N

Ladynred

You need to list the collectin agency too. List the original creditor first, then underneath list the CA that has the account now. The addresses of the CA's can be found, and you'll probably find your lawyer already has the addresses for most CA's already in their systems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">